Mart of China online company false advertising

May 11, 2012
review #317939

Mart of China is an online China company selling clothes online which I had numerous issues with. Setting aside the smaller ones and only concentrating on four major issues:

Firstly, false advertising. They advertised a jacket as leather. Made of leather. So I bought it. I arrived (it arrived almost a month later although I was charged for UPS) and it wasn't leather! I chatted online with the supplierr and they confirmed it was PVC and when I said it was false advertising, was merely told "ok, we'll remove the leather from the description". I don't want PVC, my skin can't breath in it.

Secondly, another item which arrived was of a totally different product. After taking pictures of the product and sending it to them, they admitted the blouse I ordered was out of stock so they substituted with a tube. I don't wear tube and don't want it.

Thirdly, I asked for refund of the two items and they refused. Still in dispute after 3 weeks.

I wrote a number of reviews of the clothing I bought (15 pieces) and obviously the bad reviews failed to be published on their site.

Lastly, they overcharged for shipping costs. They probably charged me for around 6kg but the actual weigh was only 4kg.

aac22a4
Had an experience with Mart Of China?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Popugai

Oct 04

We're really upset. Ordered the dress more then 1 month ago...And still didn't receive anything....

Oct 10

dear customer, you may receive our reply in 1 working day if you e-mail us. Since it's National holiday in China between 1st till 7th Oct, some shipments are delayed because the express company are not working. can you tell me your order number? we will pay more attention to it and update you the information if necessary.

Vancity Curiosty

Jul 13 Vancouver, British Columbia

Hi everyone. I thought I would quickly throw in my two cents here :) I own an online merchandise website that has been really starting to pick up on the traffic and was looking for a way to keep my customers on the site longer and hey buy some stuff. I had heard about Mart of China off Instagram and had a look through their stuff tonight. It was a well made site and so far my only complaint is the high cost of shipping. I've just purchased two dresses and a pair of leggings to test their quality, service and shipping time. I actually had found this blog afterwards doing a little more research on the company. To be honest it scared me and I even started to head to PayPal to cancel my order. Instead I read just a little more on here and came to the realization that maybe just maybe they are being unfairly persacuted by a competitor as all the major players in this convo are not willing to give a purchase order #. So for the sake of all those reading this after me and for my own *** curiosity I kept my order :p Stay tuned for the conclusion of my experience with MOC. Cheers

Jan 30

Worst experience ever with martofchina! I am a student and regret buying heels to sell on to make a bit of extra cash, as the minute I tried them on they snapped!!! Do not buy off them!!

Feb 17

Dear friend,
thanks for letting us know your problem. can you tell me your order number?then we can help you resolve the :) issue

1 0 Reply

Jan 23

We always take customers' feedback seriously especially the terrible ones. Because It is the ones that tell us where we can improve that are valuable
So we asked the reviewers to tell us the order number to help resolve their issue. , But none of them replied us back. The truth is they never purchase from our site and therefore cannot provide an order number. All their make ups is nonsense and pointless.

shally

Sep 13

i am really very scared to shop from your sit, but i just cant stop my self because i have just loved some of your items...
i am from India, Sikkim and its very much near to china so i guess i, may not b having much problem with shipping delays ..
what do you suggest jack Irina?????????????????????

Jan 23

i admit that it is a joyful shopping experience, i just order one necklace, for the sake of its security, just buy one item for free shipping, but they shipped to me, i got it, it is so nice and gorgeous to match the clothes...
so i am gonna to order something else

Oct 14

thanks for your trust and feedback, and letting us know that our efforts are worthwhile. we are devoted to offer fine quality and cheap price products. and we are always willing to deal with any issue if it happens.

julieta

Jan 20

Ordered just one pc of leggings just to check. Had no problems as such. Will be ordering more but just one item at a time.

Jan 05 Sydney, New South Wales

was a bit weary to begin with ordering from these sites,after reading these comments and the great comments which some are clearly questionable, I will not be ordering...thx for saving me time and money :grin

2 0 Reply
Jane

Jan 06

Dear friends,
We're extremely grateful fortelling us your concern and feelings .we take feedback seriously.We fully understand your worry and doubt as a first time buyer.that why we alway suggest the customers to make a small order first like a piece of jewelry to test the products. if you find them satisfactory. plesae come back to order more.

we also have 7 days return policy to gurantee the customers interests.

We are grateful to all who take the time to review us and while the terrific review are lovely to get.It is the ones that tell us where we can improve that are invaluable. Thank you again for bring these matter to our attention.

Kindly

Jane

Martofchina Customer Service Manager

USA: 001-213 - 9851052
Service@martofchina.com

shally

Sep 13

what do you suggest Jane?????????????????????

Lukaset

Jan 02

This online clothing store has great clothes, jewellery, basically items for cheap and affordable prices. There is also an in style, trendy, chic fashion sense on their clothing. I would order there again. My only problem is that their material for the clothing is very cheap i.e But it is a good place to shop especially shoes.

0 1 Reply
Yolanda

Dec 26, 2013

I have been shopping online at Martofchina.com..I have to say that for persons who had doubts about the site, it is a very legitimate web site. I am from the Caribbean and I have received all of my wonderful products, dresses, shoes and jewellery that I am absolutely very pleased with..Styles are very unique and contemporary and suitable for all..I recommend this site for shopping on line..so ladies especially, I know you will be excited about your products from sammydress..happy shopping

Dalisay

Dec 23, 2013

I chose the DHL as the courier, and they delivered the package door to door.I was

extremely surprised when my orders arrived in 7 days! wow!

My co-worker saw my orders and they all love it. I recommended this site to them

Houston

Dec 18, 2013

Their site maybe outdated, and I found their lack of user reviews to be very wary of at

first, but I personally love this site. And I hope any potential buyers have the same luck

I did. Keep in mind that this isn't some gold mine. You need to treat the staff with

respect when they give you the same in return. Trust your gut and use common sense.

RANIA

Dec 17, 2013

The designs on the websites were what I got in actuality in person. I was a bit worried about that given what some other reviews for other wholesales were like, but this wasn't the case.

I did make sure to check all the measurements and I purposefully did not order anything that could turn out problematic (e.g. chiffon, shirts that might be too transparent, etc). I think with these wholesale sites it's just a matter of avoiding potentially bad materials and/or designs that might be hard to pull off/replicate. There was a dress that didn't turn out right for me - but that was because it didn't fit me the way I wanted to, the material itself was fine.

Given what I paid for, and that I received everything more or less in less than two weeks, I'm pretty happy! Prices don't always correlate with quality either - one of the t-shirts I ordered was around 7US dollars and had better material than one that cost double that.

For reference, I'm 5'4", 117lbs, wear normally a S to an M in North American clothing. I have bigger shoulders too because I do work out a lot. I'm not a skinny Asian model like the ones who wear the clothes in the pictures -_-;;;

Dec 12, 2013 Villach, Karnten

I've ordered three months ago and still have not delivered .. they were very rude in the mail conversation .. not recommended :(

1 0 Reply

Oct 16

hi Customer, my apologies for any trouble on our site. we have refund policy that if you don't receive it finally we will issue a refund or resend immediately. please e-mail us your order number at service@martofchina.com, our customer service will reply in 1 working day.

1-20 of 107 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Mart Of China.
Filing a new complaint about
×